Valeo is a braking expert since 1923:
Since 1923, Valeo has produced friction materials for brake linings.
Indeed, Valeo has acquired real expertise since 95 years to develop high performing brake pads for the independent automotive aftermarket industry
- High-performing and durable friction materials increasing braking efficiency and safety
- Corrosion treatment on backplate, asbestos and copper free
- European homologation: 100% of Valeo brake pads are ECE-R90 compliant
- Friction material and under layer designed for noise reduction
- Shim and lateral chamfers when required providing the highest level of comfort possible
Valeo proposes you a unique and competitive range which complies with the most demanding OE specifications.
- A unique offer covering more than 90% of the car park mostly for European, Korean and Japanese applications
- A competitive and attractive range: easy to identify, easy to use and stock.
- A high performance range: products combining efficiency, durability and comfort and holding the Valeo know-how and sense of quality
All Valeo brake pads comply with ECE-R90 standard regulation and ensure the best performance level to the end consumer. They are in line with the market technology evolution and are more respectful of the environment.
Did you know that Valeo clutch friction is coming from brake lining know - how ?
- In 1923, Eugène Buisson, the French representative for Ferodo brake linings, opened workshops in France to manufacture, under license, his own friction materials. This was the birth of Société Anonyme Française de Ferodo (SAFF).
- In 1932, the company expanded its activities to include the production of clutches, and in 1934 absorbed its competitor in linings, FLERTEX.
- SAFF created Sté Union De Fabricants De Garnitures (UFAGA) in 1952 to bring together two acquisitions of competitors: HERSOT, which specialized in brake linings for railway and public works equipment & NAFRA, automobile brake linings producer.
- In 1980, the name VALEO was born in order to unite its brands and people.
- Valeo acquired the FTE company, a specialist in clutch and braking to reinforce its expertise on braking in 1923.