Valeo’s UV purifier in the bus interior
UV PURIFIER - A HEALTH SHIELD AGAINST VIRUSES IN THE BUS INTERIOR; with an inactivation rate of more than 95%, the air in the passenger compartment of a bus is cleaned of harmful viruses such as SARS-CoV-2, bacteria and mold spores during a single airflow cycle.
Find out how UV purifier effectively makes the interior air of your bus safer by using UVC disinfection
- Without the use of chemicals and
- without the production of harmful ozone – in driving operation and
- while your passengers are on board:
CONTAMINATED AIR IS DRAWN IN, DISINFECTED AND RE-RELEASED VIRTUALLY VIRES-FREE (95%) INTO THE BUS
THE UV PURIFIER USES GERMICIDAL SHORT-WAVE ULTRAVIOLET LIGHT AT 254NM TO ENSURE BEST PERFORMANCE
SCIENTIFICALLY PROVEN, UV PURIFIER PROVIDES EFFECTIVE INFECTION PREVENTION IN CITY BUSES, SCHOOL BUSES AND COACHES
Purified air thus flows continuously during the entire journey and circulates in the passenger compartment, ensuring that the virus concentration in the bus is kept at a low level, even when there are infected persons on board who are constantly breathing out viruses. For us, the limit value for virus concentration in the interior of the bus is the same threshold value as for a hospital operating theatre at the start of an operation.
Exposure time and intensity, blow-through speed and geometry are carefully coordinated to ensure that the air stream emerging from the box is virtually virus-free (>95%).
UV-C RADIATION KILLS THE COVID-19 VIRUS
Irradiation with UV-C light (254 nm) is a proven method of disinfection by the inactivation of microorganisms and various viruses, including SARS-CoV-2. With adequate exposure time and intensity, the DNA of the virus is cracked and destroyed, so that it can no longer reproduce itself.
UV purifiers use this technology and offer maximum safety to passengers in buses, transit or city buses, and protection against the active viruses that circulate in the air in the form of aerosols.
It reduces the concentration of viruses in the air just as effectively as a fresh air supply.
Test for maximum safety
- The effectiveness of the Valeo UV purifier has been verified in tests with the SARS-CoV-2 virus.
- On July 10, 2020, the Institute for Medical Virology of the Goethe University Hospital in Frankfurt confirmed the technology's virucidal efficacy.
- High quality UV-C lamp provided by one of the leading global experts in the technology.
- Numerous safety tests like a shock resistance test (impact strength) etc.
- Thick, especially shatterproof quartz glass
- Specific glass-coating prevents glass splinters or fluids from entering the bus interior, e.g. in the event of an accident.
- Special design of the housing according to highest safety standards protects reliably against UV radiation reaching the interior of the bus
- No ozone formation
- No chemical pollution
Comfort for the passenger
- Low noise level
- No influence on the thermal well-being
- Even more, the feeling of 'increased safety on board' has a positive effect on the feeling of comfort
SUITABLE FOR EVERY BUS - COMFORT FOR THE OPERATOR
The UV purifier can be used in all types of buses worldwide. The device is suitable as a retrofit solution as well as for installation in a new vehicle.
UV purifier Vent is installed directly in the passenger compartment and offers special advantages for the operator:
- Plug and Play - immediately ready for operation
- Easy assembly/mounting
- Modular and completely autonomous operation
- Continuous operation while driving
- No distraction on the efficiency of an existing air conditioning system
- Long-lasting almost maintenance-free operation: lamp replacement only after approx. 12,000 operating hours
As a UV purifier AC a UV-C lamp is integrated into the existing heating/air conditioning system of the vehicle. A retrofit solution is also possible here.