Senses temperature of the engine cooling system
The role of the thermostat is to control the flow of hot water through the radiator. The thermostat is integrated and mounted on the engine block, adjusting the coolant flow towards the radiator.
Today, thermostats play as well an important role in increasing engine combustion efficiency and reducing emissions. To accomplish that task, thermostat functions are controlled by the engine’s electronic control unit (ECU), ensuring precise regulation of temperature based on the engine’s loads.
Protect with Valeo thermostat range
Valeo thermostat range protects your engine and heat exchangers in extreme temperature conditions. Valeo thermostats apply the specifications of the O.E. products, for consistent performance and durability. Valeo proposes a wide range of parts numbers, covering more than 50 car makers. Three main thermostat types are currently available in the Valeo range:
- Conventional wax thermostats
- Electrically heated wax thermostats
- Electrically actuated thermostats
An electrically assisted thermostat provides broader and faster operation than traditional thermostats, also enables the fuel and emissions reduction.
Choose Valeo thermostat range for its:
- Strong know-how in engine cooling systems
- Precision of mounting holes location according to vehicle’s specification
- Best possible material for demanding open-close working cycles
- Clear marking of temperature opening on product
- High quality surface finishing for gasket fitting
- Controlled casting process to avoid porosity
- Gripping area for high-pressure connector
- All gaskets packed in the box, for a quick and easy installation.
Main reason of thermostat changes:
- Damaged: the thermostat can stick shut if the wax element has been damaged by previous overheating, corrosion or age. If the thermostat fails to close, the constant flow of coolant through the thermostat will prevent the engine from reaching the normal operating temperature. This can cause poor drivability in cold weather, a sharp increase in fuel consumption, little or no heater output, etc.
- Synergy replacement: the thermostat also has to be replaced in the event of water pump replacement.