The water pump is a centrifugal pump. It maintains the engine’s temperature below the overheating temperature. When the engine is running, the pump forces the coolant flow. A belt connects the crankshaft of the engine water pump to supply the pump engagement. The water pump is located in front of the engine and is driven by the timing belt or accessory belt. Valeo provides you with a complete selection, with 86% coverage of the European car range and more than 550 multi-application part numbers. O.E. worldwide specialist in Engine Cooling Systems, Valeo water pumps benefit from deep strong know-how. Valeo Water pumps fulfil the O.E. specifications (liquid flow requirements of the engine, mechanical resistance and hydraulic performance.) All gaskets and hardware are packaged in the box, for a quick and easy installation in the workshop.
For an optimum cooling system efficiency, Valeo water pumps feature:
- Specific components: from the metal body to the cover, all components are carefully selected to meet the international quality standards (DIN*, ASTM**).
- Product designed according to the O.E. guidelines: the turbine is engineered for maximum coolant flow and the best hydraulic performance and the pulley to prevent noise and excessive wearing of timing belt.
- High-quality specific bearing grease to reduce noise and allow better resistance to extreme thermal operating conditions
- Controlled aluminum alloy and casting process to avoid pitting of the liquid coolant and avoid material porosity
- Presence of vapour hole to evacuate the excess vapour pressure
- All the gaskets are high-quality compounds with accurate dimensions and perfect finishing, providing perfect sealing between the water pump and the engine interface and a long functional life for the water pumps.
This protects from leakage and contamination.
Valeo info: It is often necessary to replace the water pump: when it is damaged, when operating a preventive servicing or when changing the timing belt. To carry out the filling of the cooling loop effectively, you can use the Valeo filling tool FASTFILL® (Valeo part number: 698798) and Valeo Protectiv® liquid coolant. The Valeo Protectiv® range protects your engine cooling loop against overheating, freezing and corrosion.
Valeo Protectiv® ready-to-use range: Protectiv® 35, Protectiv® 40, Protectiv® 50
Valeo Protectiv® concentrated antifreeze range: Protectiv® 100 and Protectiv® 112
* DIN "Deutsches Institut für Normung" German Institute for Standardisation
**American Society for Testing and Materials