The brake fluid is a critical element of braking system
The brake fluid is the core of the braking system. It ensures that the entire power generated by the brake pedal, the brake booster and electronic braking system, such as ABS or ESP, is fully transmitted to each wheel. In contact with the heat generated by contact between the friction material and the wheel, a premium brake fluid has to resist high temperatures to avoid the “vapour lock” phenomenon. This reaction appears when the temperature inside the brake system is higher than the boiling point of the brake fluid, and causes a drop in the braking efficiency. This is why it is mandatory to regularly control and change the fluid in the brake system as soon as the boiling point is lower than 180°C.
Trustful Valeo Quality range of solutions for you
Thanks to its permanent focus on quality and innovation, Valeo delivers its knowledge as a premium supplier in the automotive industry, with solutions dedicated to the aftermarket for each application.
- Homologated formula (SAEJ, ISO4925 and FMVSS 116 compliant for DOT® fluid) and specification B712710 for mineral fluids compliant with the PSA standards
- Performance equal or better than the homologation standards
- Covering all type vehicles needs: Passenger Cars, Light Commercial Vehicles and Trucks
Each vehicle equipped with DOT® brake or mineral fluid has its own requirements: the selection of brake fluid must be in accordance to its engine power, electronic braking system, and even the type of road on which it is driven.
Mineral fluids HMF and LHM are used for the hydraulic braking systems (mainly Citroen before 2001). Hydraulic fluids are not hygroscopic. They have green color in order not to confuse them with DOT®.
Note: Hydraulic Mineral Fluid is NOT MISCIBLE with DOT brake fluid
Valeo Brake Fluid range provides you with the right offer for your needs…
When use it?
- Valeo recommends to flush and replace the brake fluid periodically every 2 years
- DOT® Brake Fluid is not miscible with Hydraulic and Mineral Fluid