Starts the engine
To make an engine start it must be turned at some speed, so that it sucks fuel and air into the cylinders, and compresses it. The powerful electric starter motor does the turning. Its shaft carries a small pinion which engages with a large gear ring around the rim of the engine flywheel.
Valeo answers the market needs
Valeo drives innovations, within almost 100 years of experience in Rotating machine and the top O.E. position in the world - reflecting the car makers strong trust - Valeo answers the market needs thanks to large range of technological evolution for starters. From conventional starters to latest generation of compact and reinforced starters - each Valeo starter provides reliability, safety and the best quality. The latest technologies of starters feature higher power and efficiency in a more compact design than used in previous starters solutions. It allows an easier integration into the engine environment without reducing the performance.
Choose reliable solution with Valeo
With leading O.E. position and expertise Valeo is able to provide a wide range of Premium quality starters to the Aftermarket.
- Best in Class reliable Quality
- Easy to replace with O.E design, Valeo starter range offers exact fit whatever the car
- Strong technical expertise
- Immediate availability of new products on the market thanks to an efficient Valeo Time-To-Market strategy
- Large offer with strong European range and dedicated Asian vehicules
- Latest OEM technology integrated in Aftermarket offer (ReStart)
ReStart - extra durable starter
- reinforced starter technology for better durability to repeated stopping and starting of the engine
- up to 6 times more cranking cycle in the lifetime compared to conventional starter
- easy repair operation
- CO2 and fuel consumption reduction
- Presence example for: Audi, Volkswagen, Seat, Volvo, Renault, Ford, Hyundai…